|yarn n' ponies, ponies n' yarn
||[Aug. 30th, 2005|10:51 pm]
Okay, I'll admit it. I've been fairly busy with yarn and not really spending a lot of time on the ponies. And, I got my hands on a copy of the 3rd Harry Potter book. Argh.
However, I did manage to photograph a merpony that has been sitting on my shelf for weeks. Here's the link to:
I refer to her as a "mericorn", since she's a merpony with an unicorn's horn. ^_~
Compared with Muriel, the first merpony I made, she has quite a few design changes. She looks a little sleeker. Also, I used a scaling tool to sculpt the edges on the scales. They're raised off her body. She has additional fins made of thin plastic and was given an iridescent finish. Mmmmmmm...
Current Pony Projects: coffee-dyed TAF pony. This is taking a while, but progressing nicely. I also have an idea for an autumn themed pony...not sure if I'll get around to it.
Other Pony Ponderings: it seems like the pony selling market is picking up, as predicted, since people are returning from summer vacation. A lot of people are purchasing things through my website and they seem to be bidding on eBay as well. Good news for sellers. ^_^
Current Fiber Projects:
Gypsy bag. That's what I call it, since it's made with a mish-mash of novelty yarns in bright red/orange colors. This is a small pouch with an i-cord handle. Hand-knit, 44 stitches across in garter stitch on Clover bamboo needles. I love the wooden button. ^_^
The other project is a scrap bag made of yellow cotton. I'm going to test the red dye on it, before using it on the Rikku scarf (which is finished, except for the gradient dye).