|weekend of hobbies and technology
||[Apr. 9th, 2006|11:46 pm]
I spent the weekend shopping for parts and working on projects. I bought a bunch of crinkly skirts for bellydancing. However, they needed some modifications and I was busy with the seam ripper for quite some time!
*stares at pile of crinkly cotton fabric that still needs to be stitched back together*
I also set up a Bluetooth network (using an USB Bluetooth adapter). It took a long time to figure everything out and I eventually downloaded a new Bluesoleil driver. Finally, I could use my cell phone's headset on Skype. After all that, I discovered that the sound quality was crackly and downright abysmal! Fortunately, I bought a wired headset too and that worked perfectly right out of the package. While at the electronics store, also I picked up some parts for a new lighted pony. She's not going to be a Borg...I haven't decided on the final design yet. It's a secret. ^_^
Ah, and the ponies...they are coming along very nicely.
I performed a partial re-paint of Quinny's eyes. Just the pupil, the reflection, and the tiny snowflakes were re-painted. On the right is Banana Rama. I'm almost finished with the symbol...she just needs some minor detailing. I added a bit of an outline to the symbol, so it shows up better on the white background.
Here is the bait for Flanker. There is quite a bit of marker on him. He is fading in the sun right now. The ink probably doesn't need to be completely faded...I'll give him a scrub next weekend and start the base coat painting.