||[Apr. 8th, 2007|09:15 pm]
Happy Easter everybody! Hope all of you had your fill of Marshmallow Peeps and chocolate eggs!! ^_^
This here is the dark merpony that I finally got around to starting. Two part epoxy clay in black, dusted with some iridescent pigments. Hmmmm...I think the clay added too much bulk right near the join, although the layer of clay is pretty thin. It's hard to predict these things! I don't like the scales very much...I'm tempted to make another one just to experiment with that. She just doesn't appear very graceful.
End of the tail uses a technique similar to the one used on Baby Mosaic.
In other news, I thought I'd address the "butchering" of two customs in a Photoshop contest. Basically, someone took photos of Peach Sparkle and Nightscape, and incorporated these ponies in a factory scene getting processed for meat. I'm not going to post the link, since it is gruesome in nature.
I did NOT give them permission to use the photos. And I don't see this as a directed attack on my custom ponies. I believe they used them because the poses were clear and the resolution was high enough for their purposes. There is always a risk when you're posting art on-line...I'm quite aware of that, so I'm only mildly irritated.